In order to keep Fire Ecology as an open access journal, we charge authors a per paper cost. If this cost causes any undue hardship, please contact Fire Ecology editor Bob Keane. Learn more about how to submit.
The following Charges are for current AFE members. Rates for non-AFE members or those with expired memberships are listed in paranthesis. Page lengths refers to formatted pages in the journal.
- Short Communications (8-page max): AFE member $75 ($100)
- Forum Articles (5-10 pages): AFE member $100 ($125)
- Forum Articles (11 or more pages): AFE member $200 ($225)
- Original Research Papers (under 20 page): AFE member $200 ($250)
- Original Research Papers (20 pages or more): AFE members $400 ($450)
- Forum Articles (1-5 pages): no charge
- Book Reviews: no charge
NOTE: We will have a rate increase that is effective immediately for all papers getting published by the August 2017 issue.
The new rates are effective for all new submissions starting in June, 2016 and which will appear in the August 2017 issue or later (the AFE member cost appears first, followed by non-member costs).
- Original research paper or review article (any length): $600 ($800)
- Short communication: (8 page max): $300 ($400)
- Forum, up to 10 pages formatted: (10 page max): $300 ($400)
- Forum 11 or more pages formatted: ($600 ( $800)
- Book review (invited): No charge
Make a Payment
Pay for submission here. Choose your payment tier below. Payment options include PayPal and major credit cards. Credit card payments are also processed by PayPal, but you don’t need to have a PayPal account. If you have questions about using our online payment system please contact webmaster Brett Cole.
*The Research Papers category includes Practices and Applications in Fire Ecology Papers